This crispy garlic bangus is served with delicious homemade Teriyaki sauce . It is loaded with toasted garlic with sweet teriyaki sauce. A yummy Filipino breakfast to start any day.
GARLIC BANGUS ALA JOLLIBEE (Boneless Milkfish Belly)
2 pcs. boneless Milkfish belly, sliced (daing na bangus)
3 tablespoon Mirin
salt and ground black pepper
For the sauce:
3 tablespoon Canola oil
1 head minced Garlic
1 thumb size grated Ginger
1 small Onion (finely chopped)
1/2 cup Kikoman Sushi & Sashimi Soy Sauce
2 tablespoon Mirin
2 tablespoon Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Cornstarch
1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre -marinate the boneless milkfish belly with salt, pepper and mirin for 30 minutes or longer. Let it stand and set aside.
2. In a pan, heat cooking oil and fry milkfish over medium to low heat until golden brown in color.
3. For the sauce: In a pan, heat oil and fry garlic until toasted and fragrant. Drain from oil and transfer to a small bowl. Set aside.
4. In the same pan, sautè ginger and onions. Pour in mirin, sashimi soy sauce, brown sugar and ½ cup of water. Stir to combine and let it simmer over medium-low heat.
5. Add dissolved cornstarch to thicken sauce over low heat. Adjust water as needed and mix it well.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat and add sesame oil. Mix it well.
7. Prepare crispy fried milkfish belly in a serving platter, pour in sauce and garnish with toasted garlic on top. Wew…so yummy!
8. Serve it with fresh sliced tomatoes on the side. Enjoy!!!!