What is my verdict to these Steamed Banana Cake? It is sooooooo good! You MUST try it! It is easy to make, its healthier and they store very well. As u can just throw them into the fridge, before consumption, heat them in the steamer for a couple of minutes, and you get hot, soft and fluffy cake!
Steamed Banana Cake Muffins Recipe
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (200g)
- 1 cup Self-raising Flour
- 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup oil (any flavorless oil)
- Sift together self-raising flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together Eggs and sugar till ribbon stage.
- Mix in mashed bananas, beat till well combined.
- Gently fold in flour mixture and Oil, taking care not to deflate the eggs and sugar mixture.
- Pour Batter into muffin cups or use any small glass cups that can be steamed.
- Steam over high heat for 15mins or till an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Reminder: Cover steamer with cloth or foil and make sure when you remove it, the steamed water will not drip over the banana Muffins or it will shrink down.