What is my verdict to these Steamed Banana Cake? It is sooooooo good! You MUST try it! It is easy to make, its healthier and they store very well. As u can just throw them into the fridge, before consumption, heat them in the steamer for a couple of minutes, and you get hot, soft and fluffy cake!
STEAMED BANANA CAKE MUFFINS
1/2 cup sugar
2 ripe bananas, mashed (200g)
1 cup Self-raising Flour
1/8 tsp Baking Soda
1/3 cup oil (any flavorless oil)
1. Sift together self-raising flour and baking soda, set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together Eggs and sugar till ribbon stage.
3. Mix in mashed bananas, beat till well combined.
4. Gently fold in flour mixture and Oil, taking care not to deflate the eggs and sugar mixture.
5. Pour Batter into muffin cups or use any small glass cups that can be steamed. Steam over high heat for 15mins or till an inserted skewer comes out clean. (Warning: Cover steamer with cloth or foil and make sure when you remove it, the steamed water will not drip over the banana Muffins or it will shrink down.)
Note: Self-raising flour is all-purpose flour with baking powder and salt added. To make your own, combine 1 cup of all-purpose flour with 1-1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.