Ensaladang Talong (Eggplant Salad)
Fried tilapia plus ensaladang talong. Extra rice please.. Kain po tyo mga ka-MGR! This recipe is a classic favorite salad partner to any crispy fried fish with lots of steamed rice. So yunmy!
5 tomatoes, cubes
1 onion, thinly sliced
1/2 head ginger (finely chopped)
2 tbsp cooking oil (or olive oil)
4-5 tbsp vinegar (or as desired)
1 tsp ground black pepper (or as desired)
1 tsp sugar (or as desired)
1 tsp salt (or as desired)
1. Heat a cooking pot and pour-in water then let it boil.
2. Put the eggplants for 5-10 minutes or more depending on its size.
3. Remove eggplants from the pot. Peel and mash. (Note: you can also grill the eggplant slices.)
4. In a separate bowl, mix the tomatoes, onion, ginger, oil, vinegar, salt, ground pepper & sugar. Mix well.
5. Add the mashed eggplants and mix well, then serve.
6. Share and happy eating!