KILAWING PUSO NG SAGING
Be choosy and choose a younger banana blossoms, choose the light color versus the darker one. The younger banana blossoms has a lighter taste and sweet tangy taste than the matured dark colored.
1 large banana heart/blossom, chopped
1 cup pork belly, cubed
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, sliced
3 tomatoes, sliced
½ cup cane vinegar
1 cup chicken stock
green chillies, sliced (according to your liking)
freshly ground black pepper
1. Wash banana heart in a strainer bowl with running water. In a bowl, soak banana heart/blossom in water with 3 tbsp salt for 15 minutes. Drain then then press to remove excess liquid.
2. In a pan, heat oil then brown pork belly.
3. Then brown the garlic, add onions until soft, and add in tomatoes until mashed. Sautè until soft and fragrant.
4. Add the banana heart/blossoms and stir fry for about 5 minutes.
5. Pour in chicken stock and vinegar bring it to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Do not stir. Just let it simmer.
6. Toss in green chillies, season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper. Simmet for another 5 minutes over low heat.
7. Remove from pan and serve hot with steamed rice.