Kilawing Puso ng Saging is a Filipino Recipe with young banana heart blossom sauteed in onion, garlic, pork, salt, vinegar and chillies. It has a balance taste of salty and sour taste from the vinegar and spicy kick from the chillies.
For Banana Heart bloosom, choose a younger banana blossoms, choose the light color versus the darker one. The younger banana blossoms has a lighter taste and sweet tangy taste than the matured dark colored.
KILAWING PUSO NG SAGING
1 large banana heart/blossom, thinly sliced
1 cup pork belly, cubed
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, sliced
3 tomatoes, sliced
½ cup cane vinegar
1 cup chicken stock
green chillies, sliced (according to your liking)
freshly ground black pepper
1. Wash banana heart in a strainer bowl with running water. In a bowl, soak banana heart/blossom in water with 3 tbsp salt for 15 minutes. Drain then then press to remove excess liquid.
2. In a pan, heat oil then brown pork belly.
3. Then brown the garlic, add onions until soft, and add in tomatoes until mashed. Sautè until soft and fragrant.
4. Add the banana heart/blossoms and stir fry for about 5 minutes.
5. Pour in chicken stock and vinegar bring it to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Do not stir. Just let it simmer.
6. Toss in green chillies, season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper. Simmet for another 5 minutes over low heat.
7. Remove from pan and serve hot with steamed rice.
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.