GINATAANG HIPON WITH KANGKONG
1/2 kilo shrimps, peeled
1 can coconut milk
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 thumb size ginger, thinly sliced
1 small onion, sliced
2 tsp fish sauce
siling labuyo, sliced or 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
2 bundles kangkong (water spinach) washed,
hard stems removed
Cooking oil for sauteing
1. In a wok or deep pan, saute the ginger in cooking oil.
2. After browning, remove from the pan.
3. Saute garlic and onion on the same pan. Cook until onion is translucent.
4. Add the ginger, crushed red pepper and shrimps.
5. Cook until the shrimp is half cooked.
6. Add the coconut milk and simmer in low heat.
7. Add the kangkong leaves. Simmer till cooked. Season with salt to taste. Remove from heat.
8. Serve hot and enjoy!