Crabs with Moringa leaves stewed in creamy coconut milk. These leaves are also very good for lactating moms. Not just super yummy but also super beneficial because it contains lots of nutrients according to experts. Enjoy and happy cooking!
Ginataang Alimasag at Malunggay
- 1 kilo crabs (blue or green crabs)
- 3-4 cups Malunggay leaves (Moringa)
- 1/2 head garlic chopped
- 1 medium size onion chopped
- 2 thumb size ginger, cut into strips
- 3 cups pure coconut milk
- 2-3 hot red chili, chopped
- 3-4 green long chili (Siling haba)
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- salt, to taste
- Clean crabs in running water and drain. Remove belly flap and trim each legs of crabs. Set aside.
- In a large pan, sauté garlic, ginger and onion until fragrant.
- Add 1 cup of the pure coconut milk and 1 1/2 cup of water bring it to a boil and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toss in the crabs, red chili, green chili and fish sauce, continue to cook over medium to low heat. Constantly stir for 10 minutes or until the crabs are cooked.
- Take out and remove the crabs from the pot and set aside for awhile.
- Pour the remaining coconut milk and let it boil and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes. Stir it occasionally until the coconut milk is reduced to about half.
- Add in the Malunggay leaves and continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Salt as needed. Then, add back the crabs and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with a lot of rice. Enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Sipo Eggs (Pampanga’s Best)