(Eggplant in Coconut milk with Shrimp)
Ginataang Talong with Hipon Recipe
- 1 lb. talong (eggplant), sliced
- 1/4 lb. shrimps, peeled and sliced into 2 parts
- 1 can gata (coconut milk)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. ginger, sliced thin and small
- 1-2 Siling Haba (Long Green Chili Pepper)
- 1 tbsp. bagoong alamang (shrimp paste)
- salt (only if needed, check saltiness prior to adding) and pepper to taste
- In a pan pour gata (coconut milk) and bring to a boil.
- Add garlic, ginger, bagoong alamang (shrimp paste) and shrimps. Stir well.
- Simmer for 3 minutes and stirring frequently. Add salt (only if necessary) and pepper to taste.
- Add sliced eggplants and siling haba and simmer in low fire until coconut milk thickens.
- Turn off heat. Serve and enjoy with steamed rice!