Ginisang Labong with Pusit
2 cups young bamboo shoots (cut into strips)
1/2 cup leftover adobo squid, sliced in rings
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp soy sauce
- Prepare bamboo shoots by soaking it in water then squeezing out excess water. This removes the slight bitterness it may have.
- In a pan, add little oil then saute-in onion, garlic and tomatoes.
- Add young bamboo shoots and add 1/2 cup of water (adjust if needed)
- Bring to a boil then add 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Simmer until the bamboo shoots are tender enough (around 10-15 minutes).Add leftover pusit or squid.