Adobong Gulay Recipe
- 1/2 kilograms potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 kilograms talong, sliced
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- vegetable oil (2-4 tablespoon)
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sukang Paombong or any vinegar
- Pepper and Sugar to taste
- In a Pan, heat oil then add peppercorn and bay leaves. When the bay leaves start to turn brown, add the garlic. Saute until brown.
- Add the onion and fry until translucent.
- Add the pepper and the sugar, stir briefly to mix, then add the soy sauce and vinegar.
- Lower heat to medium then add the potatoes or eggplant.
- Stir briefly then simmer, covered, around 35-40 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- They should be soft but not mushy.
- Add water if liquid level drops too low. Serve over rice.
Another Version of Adobong Gulay:
ADOBONG GULAY – Kabucha squash, string beans, garlic, yellow onions, green onions, soy sauce, red and green bell pepper , garlic salt, olive oil and Hoisin sauce.