Steamed Lapu Lapu (Grouper Fish) – Another steamed lapu lapu or grouper fish recipe you shouldn’t missed. Delicious chinese style recipe of steamed lapu lapu! Happy cooking!
Steamed Lapu Lapu (Grouper Fish)
- 4 medium Lapu-lapu, cleaned and scales removed
- 4 stalks of green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, slice in strips
- 1 cup light soy sauce
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons dry sherry (or cooking rice wine), optional
- 1 knob ginger, sliced in strips
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Foil wrapper
- Prepare the Lapu-lapu: Rub fish with salt and sesame oil all over and inside the belly to remove the fishy smell. If sesame oil is not available strips of ginger is sufficient and place some of it on top of each fish. You can also put some green onions on top of the fish. Then, wrap each fish individually in a foil wrapper. Set aside.
- Prepare steamer, boil water on a base pan and then arrange the steamer tray on top of the pan. Once the water is boiling, arrange the wrapped fish on the steamer tray. Cover and then steam fish for 10 to 16 minutes. Once cooked, unwrap the Lapu-lapu and transfer into a serving plate.
- For the sauce: In a small pot, add light soy sauce, garlic, red bell pepper, ginger, green onions, and sherry. Let it simmer over low heat. Season with salt to taste. Turn off heat and pour on top of steamed Lapu-lapu. Garnish with freshly chopped green onions. Serve, share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4-6
- An alternative for green onions are scallions or spring onions.
- If light soy sauce is not available, you may replace with regular soy sauce about 1/2 cup plus a little water.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: