These chicken and cream cheese lumpia (spring rolls) are definitely awesome. Imagine.. chicken flakes with minced vegetables and has a very light touch of cream cheese wrapped and fried in a crispy wrapper. It’s heavenly delicious!
Chicken and Cream Cheese Lumpia
Spring Roll Wrapper (150mm x 150mm)
Vegetable oil for frying
1 ½ cup chicken breast (sprinkled with salt & pepper, cooked and flaked)
12 oz cream cheese (1 ½ packs), softened at room temperature and mashed
½ cup celery, chopped
½ cup carrot, julienned
½ cup yellow onion, minced
2 tablespoon garlic, minced
½ tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1. Combine chicken flakes, cream cheese, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well with fork until well combined.
2. Place 1 tablespoonful of filling on one end of a wrapper. Fold the end of the wrapper over the filling tucking in tightly. Continue rolling, folding over both sides, wet the edges with either water or egg whites to seal and prevent lumpias from opening up.
3. Cut the lumpias in half. Dip both ends in flour before frying. This will seal the ends and make it extra crispy.
4. Deep fry in medium-low heat and cook for about 3-4 minutes or just until golden brown. Since the chicken is already precooked.
5. Once cooked, drain from oil and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
Serve and enjoy!!!
You may also try this best seller recipe:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.