Spicy Korean Chicken Stew (Dakdoritang) is a delicious korean stew. It is a very spicy chicken stew with potatoes, carrots and cabbage. It’s a korean favorite comfort food. You got to try it..its very delicious. Just don’t missed out on the korean ingredients it ask for and you’re in for a very savory korean dish.
Spicy Korean Chicken Stew (Dakdoritang)
1/2 kilograms chicken, slice to serving size
1 yellow onion, diced
2 large carrots, slice
2 cups chicken broth
3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into large bite sized chunks
2-3 cups Napa cabbage (or green cabbage or Savoy cabbage) – roughly chopped
2 scallions – sliced diagonally
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp rice wine
For the sauce:
2.5 tbsp to 3 tbsp Korean chili paste (gochujang)
1 tbsp Korean BBQ Blend spice (or any brand bbq powder)
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp rice wine
2 large garlic cloves – minced
1 tsp minced ginger (optional)
1 tbsp honey/sugar
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tsp fish sauce (optional)
toasted sesame seeds, garnish
1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and rice wine. Marinate for 30 minutes (or longer). Set aside.
2. In another bowl, mix the ingredients for the sauce, and stir well. Set aside.
3. In a large pan, heat an oil over medium-low heat. Sautè onion until soft in texture and fragrant. Add in the chicken and sautè over medium to high heat. Fry until it becomes golden brown for about 5-7 minutes for each side.
4. Toss in the carrots and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes. Pour in the sauce mixture and stir well.
5. Add in the broth/stock over in the pan to cover the chicken and add in the potato chunks. Cover pan and let it boil over medium to low heat. Simmer for about 20-30 minutes.(Cooking may vary depending on the size of the vegetables and meat)
6. Once the vegetables are half cooked tender, remove cover. Adjust seasoning as needed.
7. Adjust to medium-high and let the sauce reduce on its own until it thickens to your desired consistency. Turn off heat.
8. Transfer into a serving dish. Garnish with chopped scallions and sesame seeds on top. Enjoy!!!
You may also try our:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.