That’s S’mores like it.. super delicious weekend treat for the family. If you’ve been at Blank Slate Coffee in NYC, you’ll surely won’t missed out on their S’mores dip. Too good! Why not make some homemade S’mores for the family this weekend. Enjoy and happy cooking!
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
S’mores Dip Recipe
• 1/2 tablespoon butter
• 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk chocolate, or a combo)
• 15 jumbo marshmallows, halved
• Graham cracker squares
- Use the rack in center position of oven and place 8-inch cast iron skillet on rack or any round baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (232° C) with skillet inside. When your oven is preheated, using a pot holder, remove hot skillet from the oven.
- Add butter to melt in the hot skillet, tilt the skillet to spread the butter evenly on the surface and even on the sides.
- Arrange the chocolate chips in an even layer into the bottom of the skillet. (Be careful not to burn your skin with the hot skillet.)
- For the second layer, arrange marshmallow halves on top of the laid chocolate chips. Fully cover the chocolate until no spots left.
- Bake it for about 5 to 7 minutes or until marshmallows are toasted to your preference. You need to keep an eye because each oven may vary in heat. Use an oven mitt to remove the skillet from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with graham crackers or any biscuits you like. Enjoy!
Why use of heavy skillet is advisable:
Yes, you may use another type of oven-safe baking dish. Just my 10 cents, the chocolate will probably melt more evenly if you’re using a heavy cast iron skillet, which retains heat better than other types of dishes.
- Make sure to let the skillet rest for 5 minutes before serving so that the residual heat from the skillet can continue to melt the chocolate chips.
- Some of the chocolate chips may retain their shape, but once you dip a graham cracker into them, it will melt down.
- Don’t put too much or too thick chocolate layer or they may not fully melt.
- You may use any type of your favorite chocolate or marshmallows you can find in groceries. It can be finely chopped chocolate, mini chocolate chips, regular chocolate chips, mini or jumbo marshmallows etc.
- The skillet is hot so be very careful upon serving. You can place a round parchment paper on the sides of the skillet to prevent anyone from touching the corners if needed.