These are so delicious…Zinger Chicken Fingers just like KFC!! Guaranteed to excite the whole family, especially the kids! Also try the recipe to make nuggets or whole chicken pieces, just increase the cooking time though.
Zinger Chicken Fingers
For Dry Mix:
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp garlic salt* (or garlic powder + pinch of salt)
2 tsp ground white or black pepper
1 ½ Tbsp smoked or normal paprika
For Wet Mix:
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons dried sage (or substitute any dried herbs of your choice)
2 egg yolks, beaten
1 1/2 cups buttermilk or whole milk
3 tsp hot sauce or chilli powder to taste
You will also need:
1 Liter or less, oil for frying
1 chicken fillet breast, cut into pieces (pound it with kitchen hammer for quick cooking)
1. In one medium bowl, mix together 3 cups of flour, garlic salt, 1 tablespoon white or black pepper and paprika. This is for your dry mix.
2. In a separate bowl, stir together 1 1/3 cups flour, salt, dried sage, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, egg yolks and buttermilk or whole milk. You may need to thin with additional buttermilk or whole milk if the batter is too thick.
3. Heat oil in a deep-fryer.
4. Moisten each piece of chicken with a little water, then dip in the dry mix. Shake off excess and dip in the wet mix, then dip in the dry mix once more.
5. Carefully place the chicken pieces in the hot oil. Fry for 5 to 7 minutes, or until well browned. Remove and drain on paper towels before serving.
You may also try our:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.