Honey BBQ wings – Crispy, sticky, salty and sweet. These wings are baked and will definitely make you crave for more. You can make 2 batches because the first batch may not be enough for everyone. Make your weekend dinner so delicious without going to Buffalo Wild Wings. Happy cooking!
Honey BBQ Wings
- 1 kilograms chicken wings or drumettes
- 1 cup cassava starch or any flour (i used cassava starch)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon celery powder (optional)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (tetra pack sauce in groceries like Del monte or Mama Sita’s)
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tsp cornstarch + 4 tsp water (dissolved)
Note: if you want it spicy, just add 2 tablespoon chili powder or hot sauce.
- Preheat oven to 218°C (425°F). Prepare a baking tray lined with parchment paper and brush it with little oil or use cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk cassava starch/flour, cayenne powder, salt, pepper, paprika, celery powder (optional) and garlic powder. Rub some salt into the chicken and roll the wings in the cassava starch mixture, shake off any excess.
- Place the wings on a lined baking tray and arrange them out in a single layer. Bake for about 45 minutes on the center rack of the oven, Don’t forget to turn it over halfway through to even out cooking. Bake until skin becomes crispy and slightly brown. Remove from oven and transfer into a wire rack.
- Preheat oven to 260°C (500°F).
- In another bowl, mix the BBQ sauce and the honey. Using a thong, coat the cooked wings into the sauce and toss it a bit and shake off excess sauce. Transfer each coated wings back onto the lined baking tray and arrange them in a single layer apart from each other.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes. Watch out not to burn it. You can remove it as soon as it becomes bubbly and fragrant.
- Cook the left over BBQ sauce: In a small pot, heat over the remaining BBQ sauce mixture and add the dissolved cornstarch. Stir continuously and cook over low heat until sauce becomes thickened.
- Using a thong, one by one toss each chicken wings into the Honey BBQ sauce. Transfer into serving plate. Serve it hot with chopped fresh herbs of your choice. Enjoy!!
You may also try our:
Photos are Copyright to Mama’s Guide Recipes. All Rights Reserved.