This gooey cheese and ham croquettes is ready to come out and melt in your mouth. So cheesy and crispy.. Perfect appetizer menu. Happy cooking!
Ham and Cheese Croquettes Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- ¼ cup serrano ham or cooked ham, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups breadcrumbs
- 7 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- canola oil, for deep frying
- In a sauce pan, heat butter and canola oil over medium heat until butter has melted.
- Sauté the onions and cook for about 3 minutes. Add flour and keep stirring for about 1 minute then whisk in the milk, ham and cheese until everything has melded together. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Turn off heat. Set aside and let it cool
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs in a and keep aside. Scoop 1 tablespoon of the mixture and shape with floured hands into small ovals. Working with 1 oval at a time, coat in beaten egg, then in breadcrumbs, until you have used up all the filling.
- For deep frying: In a large pot add 1 liter canola oil and heat until it’s very hot, then working in batches, fry croquettes, flipping once, until dark golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes total. Adjust heat to low once oil is hot. Adjust heat between batches as needed to keep oil at a steady temperature.
- Using a strainer or slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl with paper towels to drain oil.
- Serve warm, garnished with chopped parsley sprigs.
- You can also serve them with a Tzatziki dipping sauce. Enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: