These Fried Talong chips is a good appetizer too for beer drinkers. But most of all as a side dish to Binagoongang Baboy. Or you can also partner it for Longsilog Breakfast. Wow, it makes me hungry now. Cook it today, it’s crispy-licious!
Pritong Talong (Crispy Eggplant Chips)
1 cup flour (preferably rice flour)
Peanut oil or vegetable oil
salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash the eggplants and slice into thin slices. Transfer on a plate, cover with coarse salt and let drain for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oil at 390°F (198°C).
- Remove the salt from the eggplants and coat with rice flour.
- In a pan, heat peanut oil and fry them with lots of oil for about 4 to 5 minutes. Drain from oil once it becomes golden brown and crispy.
- Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Serve with your favorite meat dish like Binagoongan Baboy. Can also serve as a snack partnered with any chips. Enjoy!