These Fried Talong chips is a good appetizer too for beer drinkers. But most of all as a side dish to Binagoongang Baboy. Or you can also partner it for Longsilog Breakfast. Wow, it makes me hungry now. Cook it today, it’s crispy-licious!
Pritong Talong (Crispy Eggplant Chips)
1 cup flour (preferably rice flour)
Peanut oil or vegetable oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Wash the eggplants and slice into thin slices. Transfer on a plate, cover with coarse salt and let drain for about 20 minutes.
2. Preheat the oil at 390°F (198°C).
3. Remove the salt from the eggplants and coat with rice flour.
4. In a pan, heat peanut oil and fry them with lots of oil for about 4 to 5 minutes. Drain from oil once it becomes golden brown and crispy.
5. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
6. Serve with your favorite meat dish like Binagoongang Baboy. Can also serve as a snack partnered with any chips.