These braised red wine spare ribs are way way delicious the longer you marinate it in red wine. Overnight marination is suggested if possible. This recipe is worth a keep and a guaranteed hit to any weekend family dinner. I hope you enjoy these red wine braised spare ribs!
Marination Time: 3 hours
Cooking time: 45 minutes to 1 hour
BRAISED RED WINE SPARE RIBS
- 600g Pork Spare Ribs
- 200 – 250 ml Red Wine (1 cup)
- 1 Onion ( shredded )
- 1 thumb ginger, thin slices
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1-2 tablespoon Honey (depends on your taste)
- 1 tablespoon Dark soy Sauce
- 100 ml hot water
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot, boil enough water. Add the spare ribs once the water is boiling and cook it for about 2 minutes. Pour out water to wash and drain.
- In a large bowl, add the spare ribs and pour in red wine. Mix it well and cover with cling wrap. Let it marinate for 3 hours inside the refrigerator. Drain spare ribs and reserve red wine marinade.
- In a large wok or pan, heat some oil and sauté onion and ginger until fragrant. Add in spare ribs and stir it well to combine.
- Pour in remaining red wine and all the seasoning ingredients listed above. Braise it for 45 minutes over low heat until spare ribs becomes tender.
- Adjust heat over high and mix it well until spare ribs are coated with thick sauce. Sauce should be reduced or a bit dried up.
- You can garnish it with your favorite chopped herbs like rosemary or thymes for add on aromatic flavour. Serve it hot with lots of rice. Enjoy and Happy cooking!