This Choco Jelly recipe is definitely for chocolate lovers! I personally love this Choco Jelly because its creamy and chocolatier. I’m sure your family will love this new twist more than the coffee jelly recipe.
Updates: This recipe is now trending, moms are now selling it in bottles. Yes it taste like Chuckie but with Jellies and some are even adding Tapioca to make it more delicious. You can add more liquid milk to make it a bottled chocolate drink. Enjoy!
There are two version you can make: creamy white or the creamy chocolate version.
Choco Jelly Drink Recipe
- 1 pack Mr. Gulaman Unflavored White Gelatin (25 grams)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (I used Starbucks cocoa)
- 1 cup Sugar (you need to make it sweeter to override the bitter hint of cocoa)
- 1 can Jersey Condensed milk (250 ml)
- 1 pack Nestle All-Purpose Cream (250 ml), chilled for 5 minutes
- 1 ½ cups milk (i used bear brand sakto pack, dissolved in water)
- 750 ml cold water (about 4 cups water)
- ½ tsp vanilla flavoring
- 2 tablespoon chocolate syrup (or milo)
For the Cocoa: you can use any cocoa or even Milo.
- For the Gelatin: In a saucepan, mix and dissolve Mr Gulaman powder in 750 ml of cold water (do not use hot or warm water).
- Over medium heat, place saucepan in stove and dissolve the cocoa with a whisk. Let it boil quickly about 1 or 2 minutes only. (Do not leave pan unattended to avoid overflow. Adjust heat to low as soon as it boils. Next, add in sugar and remove from heat.
- Transfer in a rectangle container to spread about 1 inch thick. Let it stand to cool for 30 minutes. Once cool, place in freezer about 10 minutes just to quickly chill the jelly. Then take it out.
- When the gelatin sets, cut into cubes. Ideal would be ½ inch in size. I sliced 1×1 inch (kinda big for me.) If serving for kids, slice it in smaller sizes.
- For the Creamy base: In a mixing bowl, use a hand mixer or whisk; blend the all-purpose cream, milk, condensed milk and ½ teaspoon of vanilla flavoring.
- For the Creamy Chocolate: Whisk in about 1-2 tablespoon chocolate syrup, milo or melted chocolate to make it chocolatier in color.
- For the Creamy white: If you want the plain white creamy color, there is no need to add chocolate syrup or milo.
- Then add the choco gelatin cubes and mix it. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Serve in individual glasses. Enjoy!!!
- Note: Use of electric hand mixer is recommended to make it so smooth and it will double in volume but not required. Blender will also work for this recipe.