Pocherong Isda (Fish Pochero) A very healthy meal for you and family. Nothing beats a meal like fish and lots of vegetables. This recipe is originally made from pork. But the use of fish is substituted to make it even healthier.
Have you ever tried cooking Pocherong isda? Gotta try it today.. It’s tasty delicious! Enioy and happy cooking.
Pocherong Isda (Fish Pochero Recipe)
1 kilo dalag/tilapia fish (any lean fish like, tuna, golden pompano and salmon), each cut into serving size
3-4 pcs saba bananas(plantain), peeled and cut into 3 slant slices
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 tomatoes, chopped
3 cups water
2 cups tomato sauce
3 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and quartered
15 pieces green beans, cut 2″ long
1 cup Hunt’s Pork and beans (or freshly cooked kidney beans)
3 heads small pechay/ bok choy, washed and trimmed
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon fish sauce (patis)
½ cup cooking oil
salt and pepper
1. Season fish with salt and pepper. Marinate for a few minutes. Set aside.
2. Fry saba bananas and potatoes in some oil until golden brown over medium heat in a pan. Drain from oil and set aside.
3. Then fry the fish on both sides until golden brown. Remove from pan and drain from excess oil.
4. Sautè garlic, onion, and tomatoes until onion becomes soft and fragrant. Toss in green beans and sautè for 1-2 minutes.
5. Pour in water and tomato sauce. Let it boil over medium to low heat. Season with sugar and fish sauce. Gently mix in and adjust taste with salt and pepper. Continue to simmer for additional 2-3 minutes.
6. Add 1 cup of Hunt’s beans and bok choy. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add your fried fish slices, fried saba, potato slices and continue to cook for a few more minutes over lowest heat.
7. Turn off heat and transfer to the serving bowl. Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thank you for dropping by our website! If you like this recipe, please comment anything about this post. Don’t forget to save us on your Pinterest too.
Do you have any questions about the this recipe? Do you have any concern about the ingredients, substitute or any cooking tips? Just comment below for any feedback. We’d love to know your thoughts. Have a wonderful day!