This crabs with black bean and garlic sauce recipe is best served with yang chow rice with asparagus soup. Simple asian cuisine you can definitely try for a special gathering with friends or family. Happy cooking and enjoy!
CRABS WITH BLACK BEAN AND GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE
- 1 kilogram crabs, boiled and cut in half
- 1 long green chili fingers, sliced (siling haba)
- 2 stalks leeks, chopped
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 cup water (to make it more saucy)
- For the sauce:
- 2 teaspoon black beans, drained and chopped
- ½ head of garlic, minced
- 1 inch (thumb sized) ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce (or soy sauce)
- 3 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice wine (optional)*
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)*
- For the thickener:
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch (dissolve in some water)
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce (optional)*
Salt is no longer required because the black beans alone is already salty. Do not use too much black beans.
*some ingredients may not be available in your area but they will make this recipe perfect but otherwise optional and can still make the recipe simple and good.
- Prepare the crabs: Wash and clean crabs. In a large pot, boil enough water. Once boiling, add crabs. Start timing when the water starts boiling again. Let it boil for about 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- For the sauce: In a bowl, combine all ingredients and stir well. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat up oil and sautè long green chilies. Add black beans, pour in garlic sauce, 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Adjust heat to low and just simmer after it boils. Add chopped leeks, hoisin sauce and the cornstarch mixture.
- When sauce has thickened, add ground black pepper and toss in the cooked crabs. Stir it well until all the crabs are coated with the black bean and garlic sauce. Turn off heat and transfer in a platter
- Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!