This Japanese Chicken Curry is another favorite recipe you must try! It’s chicken curry with a slight twist of Japanese curry powder, apple, honey and soy. It’s a tempting, tasty new twist in a chicken curry.
Note: For Japanese curry powder: you can buy it in major groceries in Metro Manila. Just look for it the international isle section of SM groceries. It is normally sold in cubed shape.
JAPANESE CHICKEN CURRY
- 1/2 Kilogram chicken thighs/ chicken breast- boneless and skinless
- 2 cloves of garlic- finely chopped
- 1/2 inch of ginger- finely chopped
- 2 large onions- thinly sliced
- 2 ½ tablespoons Japanese curry powder
- 2 cubes of chicken stock
- 2 cups of carrots- cut into chunks
- 1 small red apple- peeled, cored and grated
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1-2 cups potatoes- cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Slice the chicken into medium chunks. Then, season with some salt and pepper and mix it well. Set aside
- In a pan, melt the butter with some oil, then add ginger, garlic and onion. Cook a few minutes until done. Sprinkle in the flour and cook until browned. Add curry powder and tomato paste, stir well. Add in 1/2 cup of water making sure to scrape the stuff off of the bottom of the pan.
- Pour another 2 1/2 cups of water and chicken stocks. Add the chicken, potato and carrot. Simmer for 30 minutes until tender.
- Add apples, peas, soy sauce and honey. Allow to cook for 5-10 minutes, seasoned well with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and serve with rice.