So very moist and NO ADDED eggs or oil! Obviously mayo is made from eggs and oil. Also, I use Best Foods Light Mayo or use your favorite mayo but it is still pretty healthy with regular. Moistest cake ever though. Happy baking!
Chocolate Mayonnaise Cupcakes Recipe
For the cupcakes:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Hellmann’s (Best Foods) Light mayonnaise
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Chocolate Fudge Icing:
- 1 small can (154 ml) evaporated milk/fresh milk or any liquid milk
- 1 small can (168 ml) condensed milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup dark semi sweet chocolates (cut into small pieces)
- 1 tbsp. margarine, softened
- For the Cupcakes: Using a strainer with a bowl, sift together the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- In a mixing bowl, use an electric hand mixer and cream the sugar, mayonnaise, water and vanilla together.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and fold it until well combined.
- Pour batter into greased and lined cupcake pans. Or if desired you can use a cake pan with a size of 9 x 13 inch.
- Bake at 350°F (176°C) for about 25-30 minutes at the center rack of the oven. Baking time may vary for each oven type. So always make sure to watch over on the baking time. Your best clue is the smell of what you’re baking. It should smell so good as it bakes.
- If you make cupcakes it will make approximately 18-24 depending on size of the cups.
- Once done, transfer the cupcakes into a cooling rack. Let it totally cool off before frosting. Serve and enjoy!!!
- For the Chocolate Fudge: Dissolve cocoa powder in evaporated milk. Add condensed milk.
- Dissolve all purpose flour in ¼ cup water and add in the milk cocoa butter mixture. Transfer mixture to a heavy saucepan and cook over very low fire until thick add the dark semi sweet chocolates and cook until Chocolate melts. Remove from fire and add the softened margarine. Blend well.
- Allow to cool before frosting cupcakes.