Homemade Rocky Road Ice Cream – you don’t need to buy an expensive ice cream at the groceries that may contain preservatives, emulsifiers and glucose. Try searching those ingredients and see how these chemicals can affect our body. These ingredients may not be good for the health as it can cause diabetes and other illnesses with too much consumption.
But don’t worry because we can always make our own healthy food without needing to put those harmful chemicals to preserve it. You can easily make your homemade ice cream for a small budget. The instruction below is for people who doesn’t have an ice cream maker. Yes, your ice cream cravings will be better starting today than yesterday. The ice cream flavors you can think of is unlimited to the sky and without the guilt that it may contain chemicals you don’t even know.
Homemade Rocky Road Ice Cream
1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream (alternatively you can use chilled all purpose cream)
1 *14oz. can sweetened condensed milk
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ cup hot milk
½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
½ cup miniature marshmallows
½ cup roasted cashew, chopped
Electric hand mixer (or if you have a blender you can also use it)
Airtight Ice Cream Container (old or recycled is ok too)
1. Dissolve cocoa powder in ¼ cup hot milk in a small mug.
2. In a mixing bowl or a blender pitcher, whip heavy whipping cream, condensed milk and dissolved cocoa until fluffy.
3. Chill the mixture for at least one hour. After one hour remove it from freezer and beat it again with an electric mixer until smooth.
4. Transfer it back in the freezer for about 40 minutes and repeat the same procedure of beating.
5. Repeat the same procedure 1 or 2 more times until it becomes so smooth and no trace of crystals. (40 minute freeze-then-beat cycle).
Note: However it’s ok not to beat your ice cream repetitively every 40 minutes until frozen. You can easily just let it freeze for about 8 hours. It’s also perfect I tried both trick. It’s all up to you, it will be so smooth the more you beat the mixture as it gradually freeze.
6. You can fold the chocolate chips, marshmallows, chopped almonds and cashew into the ice cream after your last beat.
7. For Ice Cream Makers: Transfer the mixture inside the ice cream maker and start churning. Just follow the manufacturer’s instruction. Churn for about 25-30 minutes. You can toss in the chopped almonds and cashew before it finish churning or the last 3 minutes.
8. Transfer ice cream in a clean recycled ice cream container, cover it tightly and freeze until ready.
9. Serve with lots of extra mini marshmallows on top and enjoy!