The secret to a Batangas Lomi is overloaded with toppings and super thick soup. Other restaurants in Batangas recreated their lomi with slices of thin lumpiang shanghai, siomai, kikiam and other loads of meat. But this recipe is the authentic and original recipe. Most mountaineers in Mt. Maculot would always dig in a large soup of Batangas Lomi after a tiring mountain hike. But if you dont have time to visit Batangas anytime sooner and you’re already craving. You gotta try this recipe whenever you are now. Satisfy your cravings!
Batangas Lomi Soup
1 pound miki noodles
4 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
1 medium onion, minced
1/4 pound cooked Kikiam, sliced
1/4 pound pork, sliced into thin strips
6 to 8 pieces cooked meatballs
3 tablespoons cassava flour diluted in 3 tablespoons water
1/4 pound ham, minced (alternatively fried tokwa cubed)
1/4 pound pig’s liver, sliced
1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
6 cups pork or beef broth
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup chicharon (pork cracklings or pork rinds), pounded
1 piece raw egg, beaten
2 tablespoons onion leeks or scallions, chopped (optional)
2 to 3 pieces hard boiled eggs (optional)
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1. In a cooking pot, heat cooking oil.
Once the oil is hot, sauté garlic and onions until fragrant. Add in the pork strips and fry until the color turns slightly brown. Add in ham, liver and cook for about 2 minutes.
2. Season with patis (fish sauce) and soy sauce. Mix well. Add in the broth and let it boil over medium heat. Simmer for about 20-30 minutes until the pork strips becomes tender.
3. Add the cooked meatballs, kikiam slices and simmer for additional 3 minutes to cook.
4. Season with fresh ground black pepper and add the miki noodles. Let it cook for about 5 to 6 minutes.
5. Once the noodles are cooked, add the cassava flour diluted in water and mix it well. Let it simmer over low heat until the sauce is thickened.
6. Turn off heat then add the beaten egg to the soup. Stir constantly until the egg is evenly distributed.
7. Transfer into a big serving bowl. Top it with chicharon and sliced hard boiled egg. Garnish with fresh chopped onion leeks.
8. Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Did you try this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.