This is an awesome cake recipe. You have to try this!
Serves 10 to 12
Coffee Marble Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sifted natural cocoa
- 2¼ cup sugar, divided
- ½ cup brewed coffee, at room temperature
- 1 cup Oil (olive oil or vegetable oil)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk (or any liquid milk)
- Prepare oven rack in lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or coat the inside of your tube pan with nonstick spray.
- Dry mixture: Strain together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine and whisk cocoa, ½ cup of sugar and coffee. set aside.
- In a mixing bowl and a hand mixer, mix remaining 1¾ cups sugar, oil and vanilla until blended. Add eggs one by one, continuously beating until well combined.
- Then add the dry mixture and pour the milk alternately in three batches. Mix until smooth and well combined. (Scrape down the sides).
- Divide batter equally into two separate bowls. One for the white batter and one for the chocolate batter. Add the cocoa mixture in the 1st bowl and whisk it well to combine. The batter texture will turn thin. it’s perfectly okay.
- Technique for the Marble design: Pour about ⅓ of the white batter in the tube pan. Then pour in one third of the chocolate batter on top of the first white batter. Do the same for two times. Do not swirl the batter. The swirls will automatically appear on its own without doing anything.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick shows a few moist crumbs on the sides. Remove from oven once done and let it cool on a rack for about 15 minutes. You can then unmold the cake once slightly cooled. Serve and enjoy! Happy baking!