This Lomi Recipe is a classic version and oh so yummy. Fantastic for the cold, rainy day season! We have prepared 2 language cooking instructions for your perusal (Filipino and English language below). Happy cooking and enjoy!
- 1 package (400 grams) lomi noodles
- ½ kilograms boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips (shredded)
- 1/2 cup shrimp or more (cleaned, peeled and deveined)
- 1 cup chicken liver, cut into cubes
- 2 medium carrots, (peeled and julienned)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 small napa cabbage(shredded into 1-inch thick strips)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 8 cups water of chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 spring onions (chopped for garnish or topping)
- In a large pot, boil water and add the lomi noodles. (Just enough water to cover the noodles in the pot). Quickly cook the lomi noodles for about 1 minute since lomi is already soft in texture. Using a large strainer drain and wash in running water. Remove excess water and set it aside.
- In a pan, heat an oil and sautè liver over medium heat until cooked through. Transfer in a plate and set it aside.
- In the same pan, heat an oil to sautè garlic and onions until soft and fragrant. Add chicken strips and sautè until golden in color. Add shrimp and sautè quickly until it turns pinkish.
- Season with patis and mix it well until incorporated. Adjust water/broth and let it simmer over low heat until chicken strips are cooked through.
- Add the lomi noodles and continue to simmer for additional 5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch with ¼ cup water and add the mixture to the simmering soup. Stir it until soup becomes thick in texture.
- Add in cooked liver, carrots and let it cook for 1 minute more. Then add the napa cabbage and cover pot to semi cooked the cabbage for about a minute or less.
- Gradually add the beaten egg in a very thin stream, let it cook for a few seconds before stirring the soup. This will create a beautiful egg ribbon in soup. Turn off heat and garnish with chopped spring onions upon serving. Serve and enjoy!
*Add-on ingredients: Fishball, squidball, fish cake or kikiam.
*You may also use 1 package (1.4 ounces) crab and corn soup mix to make the soup more savory.
*You may also add about 2 teaspoon oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, or magic sarap for best umami flavor.
PAANO MAGLUTO NG LOMI
1 package (400 grams) lomi noodles
1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast or thigh meat, cut into thin strips (hiwain ng pahaba)
1/2 cup shrimp or more (cleaned, peeled and deveined)
1 cup chicken liver, cut into cubes
2 medium carrots, (peeled at hiwain ng pahaba)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 small napa cabbage(regular na repolyo kung walang napa cabbage) end trimmed and sliced into 1-inch thick strips
1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon cornstarch
8 cups water/chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
1-2 tangkay ng dahon ng sibuyas (chopped for garnish or topping)
PARAAN NG PAGLULUTO:
1) Sa isang kaldero, sa isang kumukulong tubig ilagay ang pancit lomi (just to cover o matabunan ang pancit). Madalian lang po at hahanguin rin pagkaraan ng 1 minute dahil malambot naman na ang lomi by itself. Drain po natin gamit ang strainer, at banlawan/padaanin sa malamig na tubig. Set aside.
2) Sa isa namang maliit na kawali, (MEDIUM heat), igisa ang liver hanggang maluto, hanguin at itabi (Set aside).
3) Sa isang kaldero muli, lagyan ng mga 1 kutsara ng mantika, igisa ang sibuyas at bawang hanggang maging mabango at malinaw ang sibuyas (translucent). Ihalo ang manok, lutuin hanggang bahagyang maging brown. Isama ang hipon hanggang magbago ng kulay (pink)
4) Ihalo ang patis, haluing mabuti ng mga 1-2 minutes. Dagdagan ng tubig at pakuluan. I-simmer (Low heat) po natin hanggang luto na ang manok.
5) Idagdag ang noodles o lomi, lutuin pa ng mga 5 minutes. Season to taste po ng naaayon sa inyong panlasa (salt & pepper).
6) Sa isang malukong o bowl, ipaghalo ang cornstarch sa mga 1/4 cup ng tubig haluin hanggang malusaw. Ihalo sa soup haluing mabuti hanggang lumapot.
7) Idagdag ang nalutong liver at carrots at lutuin pa ng mga 1 minutes. Ihalo ang napa cabbage at lutuing muli ng mga isang minuto or hanggang maluto or semi cooked ang gulay ngunit hindi matamlay at may konti pang kagat or crisp.
8) Dahan dahang ihalo ang binating itlog, sa isang manipis na daloy (thin stream), hayaang bahagyang mamuo o maluto bago haluin. Budburan ng hiniwang dahon ng sibuyas. Tapos!
Serve and enjoy po!
*Maaari ninyo itong lagyan ng fishball, squidball, fish cake at kikiam. (optional)
*Maaari rin pong gumamit ng 1 package (1.4 ounces) crab and corn soup mix kung nais ng mas malasang sabaw o katas ng hipon.
*Optional din po ang paglagay ng oyster sauce mga 2 teaspoon. o hoisin sauce o Magic Sarap o kahit na ano pang seasonings para po sa karagdagang lasa.