This Peanut Cookies (melt in your mouth) is an old fashioned Chinese cookies recipe. If you really want to do the old way you can use the pork oil lard (excess oil from frying pork fats). But you can always use any oil or halal approved oil. These cookies are so good especially when they’re warm. I like it best when they are fresh, hot from the oven and you can barely hold it.
Peanut Cookies Recipe (Melt in your mouth)
- 160 g peanut powder (use food processor or blender to grind peanuts)
- 250g plain flour (2 cups)
- 110g icing sugar (1 cup)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150 ml corn oil
- Egg (to egg wash)
- In a mixing bowl, sieve in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Mix it well until combined.
- Add in the peanut powder and mix until well combined. Sieve in icing sugar and continue mixing well.
- Slowly add in the oil just little by little and knead it to a dough (don’t pour the oil all in one time).
- Create your own desired shape from the dough. You can use cookie cutter in different shapes available in baking store or groceries. Then brush it with Egg wash on top. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 15 to 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven and let it cool before storing in air tight container. Enjoy and happy baking!