Fermented Black Beans, Tofu and Pork (Tausi, Tokwa at Baboy), another simple daily budget meal idea for the family. Quick and easy to cook!
Fermented Black Beans, Tofu and Pork
(Tausi, Tokwa at Baboy)
- 7 blocks tofu, sliced in strips
- ½ kilograms pork liempo, sliced in cubes
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 tablespoon fermented black beans (tausi)
- 6 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups pork broth
- 5 tablespoon canola oil
- Ground Pepper
- Garnish: Spring onion, Toasted garlic
(Cooking Notes: No need to add salt because fermented black beans is already enough to act as a salt in the recipe)
- In a pot of water with pinch of salt and pepper, boil pork until it partially cook. Remove pork from the broth. Save the pork broth in a bowl for later.
- In a pan, sautè garlic and onions until fragrant and soft. Add in pre cooked pork liempo and tofu cubes and sautè until golden brown over medium to low heat.
- Add in fermented black beans, soy sauce, sugar, pepper and 2 cups pork broth. Let it boil and simmer until cook through and all spices are incorporated.
- Transfer into serving platter and garnish with chopped spring onions and toasted garlic. Serve and enjoy!