CHIXSTEK (CHICKEN BISTEK) is another variance of Bistek or Beef Steak. Its quick, budget friendly and easy to cook! Although they are almost the same..theres one hint of ingredient you can add to make it taste just like the beef steak. Read on and see how to cook it. Happy cooking!
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Preparation: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
CHIXSTEK (CHICKEN BISTEK)
1 kilogram chicken (legs and thigh parts)
1 head garlic, crushed
1 medium white onion, peel and sliced in rings
1 ½ tablespoon reno liver spread
6 pieces Calamansi
¾ cup soy sauce
2 tbsp. cooking oil
1 cup water
1 tablespoon ground pepper
pinch of salt
1 medium white onion, slice in rings (garnish)
- Prepare chicken: Wash chicken, drain excess water.
- Marinate: In a mixing bowl, marinate chicken with 1 onion, ground pepper, crushed garlic, juice of 3 pcs Calamansi and ¾ cup soy sauce. Marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour inside the refrigerator.
- Cook the chicken: Separate chicken in a plate and drain (reserve) excess sauce.
- Reserve marinate sauce and separate garlic and onions.
- In a large pan, heat oil and sauté garlic onions and chicken.
- Let it cook over medium to low heat for about 5-10 minutes until brownish and juice from chicken runs clear. If you notice too much oil comes out from chicken skin. Discard excess oil.
- Pour in ¾ cup reserve marinade and one cup water. (adjust soy sauce if marinade sauce left is less than ¾).
- Let it boil and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Then add in 1 ½ tablespoon liver spread, mix it well until incorporated to the sauce.
- Season with salt, add squeezed juice of 3 pieces Calamansi and continue to simmer for about 10 minutes more over low heat possible.
- Toss in sliced onion rings. Turn off heat, cover pan and let residual heat cook onions.
- Serve and enjoy!