Homemade kwek-kwek recipe for your simple pleasures without being skeptical if its really clean. Why not make your very own street food at home partnered with your favorite Fish Ball Sauce (ala Manong’s Sauce) or Brown sauce. This Homemade Kwek-kwek is also the same recipe used for kwek kwek business by street vendors. Enjoy and happy cooking!
Homemade Kwek-Kwek Recipe
Ready in: 30 minutes
- 1 dozen Quail eggs
- Extra corn flour/flour for coating
- bamboo skewer
- oil for deep frying
- FOR THE BATTER:
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- red and yellow food coloring (preferably use atsuete for natural food coloring)
- BOIL THE EGGS: In a pot of boiling water, cook or boil the eggs for about 10 minutes. Turn off heat and transfer boiled eggs into a bowl. Let cool in running water then peel the shells.
- FOR THE BATTER/COATING: In a mixing bowl, add flour and water to form a batter mixture, season with salt and pepper. Mix well until batter becomes smooth and no lumps.
- To get a deep orange color, combine a few drop of red and yellow. Do it little by little and mix well until you achieve the perfect orange.
- DEEP FRYING: Heat oil in pan until hot. Dredge the boiled eggs into some extra cornflour/ flour, then dip each boiled eggs into the batter so it’s fully coated. Using a skewer (wooden stick) poke the eggs to drop it in hot cooking oil. Fry kwek-kwek until golden and crispy. Once done, drain oil using a slotted spoon and transfer on a serving plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Serve and enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: