Is Broccoli Soup Healthy?
Yes its very good for our body. Here are some of the many health benefits of Broccoli according to experts:
- Great source of fibre
- Cleanses Intestines
- Natural Anti-Biotic
- Keeps Skin Young & Glowing
- Maintain Healthy Heart
- Rich in Calcium
- Protect Eyes
This Broccoli and Cheese Soup recipe is just absolutely awesome. Its creamy, cheesy and healthy for your picky eater kids. Its made with fresh vegetables like broccoli and carrots. Happy cooking!
Broccoli and Cheese Soup
1 tablespoon melted butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ medium chopped onion
¼ cup melted butter
¼ cup flour
1 cup milk, cold
1 pack heavy cream or all purpose cream
2 cups chicken stock
½ lb fresh broccoli, chopped in small pieces
1 cup carrot, julienned
¼ teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
2 cups cheddar cheese/ any cheese
salt and pepper
Cooking Tips: you can add a 1-2 tablespoon of cheese whiz to make it more cheesy. It will add saltiness, so adjust taste as necessary.
1. In a pan, sauté garlic and onion in butter over low heat until fragrant. Set aside.
2. In a soup pot, cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Pour cold milk and whisk continuously until becomes thick roux. Add in the chicken stock and continue to simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Add the broccoli, carrots, sauteed garlic and onions. Cook over low heat 20-25 minutes. Once the vegetables are tender add in heavy cream or all purpose cream.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer in blender to purée or use electric hand blender. I didn’t use blender.
4. Return to heat and add lots of cheese. Stir in nutmeg. Serve hot in a bread bowl. Enjoy!