Look at that gorgeous Pinoy Chili Crabs. It looks so appetizing to the eyes..yummy. There is no need to go to Singapore because this Chili crabs are easy to cook. Just a gentle reminder though for people who is allergic to crabs or seafoods. You can also prepare this to any party or special occasions. Happy cooking!
PINOY CHILI CRAB RECIPE
2 lbs Crabs, cleaned and prepared
1 tablespoon cornstarch
7 tablespoons butter (originally peanut oil)
1 large onion, minced
1 1/2-inch ginger, grated (about 2 tablespoons)
6-8 cloves of garlic, minced
2-3 chilis or labuyo, minced (2 chili’s is not spicy)
2 cups chicken broth (or broth cubes)
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
1 cup parsley leaves
1. Dissolved cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water in a small cup; set aside.
2. In large pan with cover, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Sautè garlic, ginger, garlic, and chilies. Sautè until it becomes fragrant for about a minute.
3. Toss in the crab pieces and pour-in chicken broth. Adjust heat to medium high and let it boil. Cover pan, and continue to boil (lower heat if needed). Simmer crab for about 6 minutes, until it has turned red and almost cooked.
4. Remove lid from the pan, add in tomato paste and sweet chili sauce. Stir and continue to simmer for 1 minute. Season with salt, sugar, or chili sauce. Mix in cornstarch, stir and bring to boil to thicken sauce.
5. Remove from heat and stir in egg. Stir in green onions. Transfer into serving dish, garnish with parsley or any favorite herbs available in your pantry.
Serve hot and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.