This Roast Pork Loin recipe is an easy delicious recipe! The ingredients are simple and easy to find in any supermarket. Just marinate it overnight.
Marination Time: 8 hours (overnight)
Cooking Time: 1 ½ hours
ROASTED PORK LOIN
- 1 ½ kilo pork loin
- 2 heads garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoon table salt
- ]¼ cup Calamansi, juiced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small bottle orange marmalade
- (the marmalade adds flavor and sweetness)
- FOR GRAVY:
- 2 cups water
- 1 pc beef broth cube (bouillon)
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 5 tablespoon cornstarch
- excess drippings from roasted pork
- In a large bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients; garlic, salt, Calamansi juice, pepper and orange marmalade with the pork loin. Cover it (or cling wrap) and place back in fridge to marinate overnight.
- The next day, transfer the pork in a tray and wrap the pork in an aluminum foil with the marinade sauce. Roast in a preheated oven at 350°F for one hour.
- (For every kilo of pork you need to roast it for 40 minutes. Thus, a 1 ½ kilo of pork loin will need an hour to roast.)
- After one hour of roasting, remove tray from the oven and open the foil. Then roast it back in the oven for additional 30 minutes or until you achieve a golden brown color of roast pork.
- For the Gravy: In a small pot, add water, beef broth cube, soy sauce and some excess drippings from the roasted pork loin. Let it boil.
- Make a slurry by dissolving 5 tablespoon cornstarch with 3 tablespoon water. Pour the slurry mixture over the boiling sauce. Stir it well and continue to simmer until gravy is thickened.
- Slice the tenderloin and place in a large serving platter with a small bowl of gravy on the side. Serve and enjoy!