Here are some of the reasons why Camote Tops Juice is so healthy to drink. Its all natural, fresh juice from vegetable and has lots of medicinal value to help our body.
Medicinal Qualities of Camote Tops
According to research, Camote tops is very helpful for people recovering from dengue fever. It is said to help increase platelet counts that may help a person recover fast from dengue illness.
Camote tops can also be used to help treat other illnesses:
• Heart Disease
• Cancer (Colon, stomach)
• Problems on bowel movement
• High Blood Pressure
Camote tops are a good source of vitamins and minerals that are good for the body.
• Vitamins A, B, C
• Dietary fiber
HOW TO MAKE CAMOTE TOPS JUICE
Shelf Life: 2 Days (Refrigerated)
- 2 cups camote tops (talbos ng kamote)
- 6 pieces calamansi, juice extract
- 4 tablespoon of sugar/honey
- 2 cups of water (16 oz.)
- Wash and clean the camote tops leaves in running water.
- Pluck leaves, choose more purple leaves and remove stems.
- In a shallow pot, pour in 2 cups of water and add in camote tops.
- Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes. The water will turn green. Turn off heat. Remove leaves and use a strainer. Transfer juice in a pitcher.
- Add the calamansi juice and stir. The juice will turn pinkish after you add in the calamansi. Add in sugar and mix it well. Adjust sweetness to your taste preference.
- Serve it chilled with ice cubes and fresh calamansi slices upon serving. Enjoy!
Tip: You can use the leftover camote tops leaves for ensaladang gulay with slices of tomatoes, onions and itlog na pula.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Credits: @katrina.d.fuentes @imadorhurtado
Maribel Limbago Baclig, pr1meraphilippines.wordpress, drinkbenefits.com