HOW TO MAKE SANTOL JUICE
Santol season is here! What can we do with extra santol? Why not make some healthy and nutritious Santol Juice!
Allow me to quote the Benefits of Santol Fruit:
“Santol is also called as the cotton fruit and marami itong health benefits.
Prevents Cancer – Cotton fruit is known to prevent certain types of cancers, specially leukemia, as it is rich in phytonutreints that can prevent the abnormal multiplication of cancerous cells.
Prevents Cardiovascular Diseases – Due to the presence of rich antioxidants and vitamins, cotton fruit has the ability to improve the blood flow to the heart, thus preventing certain cardiovascular diseases.
Reduces Cholesterol – Cotton fruit is rich in fibre content, so when consumed, the fibre can course through your body and eliminate then excess cholesterol, thus keeping you healthy.
Prevents Alzheimer’s – As santol fruit has the ability to nourish your brain cells and slow down cell degeneration, it can prevent certain diseases like Alzheimer’s.
Treats Allergies – As santol fruit contains sandorinic acid and bryonotic acid, it can flush out the allergens from your body, thus preventing and even treating allergic reactions.
Treats Diarrhea – By boiling a few pieces of cotton fruit, along with vinegar and drinking the obtained juice, conditions like diarrhea can be reduced.
Prevents Cavities – As santol fruit comes with anti-bacterial properties that can get rid of the bacteria in your mouth, it can prevent cavities and also reduce bad breath.”
HOW TO MAKE SANTOL JUICE
4-6 pcs. santol
3 cups + 2 cups water (1 cup is 8 oz.)
1 ½ cup refined sugar
Tips: use brown sugar or muscovado if preferred; or add honey.
1. Peel the santol fruits. Scoop out the seeds and immersed in 1 cup water while peeling santol fruit.
2. Chop the peeled santol inner flesh into tiny cubes, soak it in 1 cup water.
3. Squeezed out the juice from the soaked seeds. Add it to the minced santol flesh.
4. Prepare syrup by boiling 3 cups of water with 1 cup of sugar.
5. Pour in the soaked santol water without the flesh. Let it boil and turn of heat. Let it cool.
6. Transfer juice into a pitcher and add in the cubed santol flesh. Stir it well. Allow the santol juice to soaked in for a few hours inside the refrigerator.
7. Optional: you can squeeze calamansi juice or lime for an added flavor.
Serve it chilled with ice cubes. Enjoy!
Don’t miss our delicious and healthy Puto Malunggay recipe:
Credits: Jing Castañeda (Santol Benefits)
Photo by: @iambernardvision, Amie David, Kate Morales, Tito Racca
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.