You will surely love this Chicken Tim recipe or Chicken ala Pata Tim recipe. Super yummy!! Chicken with pineapple recipe with other herbs and spices. Another simple and unique dish you can try for your family’s daily menu. Budget saver and easy to make. Happy cooking!
CHICKEN TIM (Chicken ala Pata Tim)
- 1 kilogram chicken, serving size
- 1 can pineapple slices
- 1 can pineapple juice (400 grams)
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red chili pepper (siling labuyo)
- 1 star anise
- 1 dahon ng laurel
- Slurry: 1 tbsp. of cornstarch, mixed well with 4 tbsp. water
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Marinate chicken pieces for 1 hour.
- After the marinating, drain chicken and reserve marinade sauce.
- In a pan, heat oil to sauté garlic and onions until soft and fragrant. Add the chicken and fry it together with sautéed garlic and onions. Fry the chicken until golden brown.
- Pour in the marinade sauce, pineapple slices, star anise and laurel. Let it simmer over low heat for 45 minutes.
- Lastly, add the slurry mixture to thicken the sauce and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Serve it hot and enjoy!