Sinigang na isda or Sinigang na ulo ng salmon sa miso – In english it is called Salmon Head in Tamarind sour broth with Miso paste. Such a perfect recipe for any cold weather. Filipino’s best recipes!
SINIGANG NA SALMON SA MISO
2 salmon heads, split in half
1 package sinigang sa sampalok mix (tamarind seasoning mix)
200 grams miso paste
1 large tomato, chopped
1 large onion, sliced
1 bunch pechay or spinach or kangkong (water spinach)
1 labanos (daikon radish)
10 pieces (or more) okra, sliced
2 eggplants, halved and sliced into 3-inch sections
1 tablespoon patis (fish sauce)
1 quart water
Salt & pepper to taste
2-3 pieces finger chili peppers
1. In large pot, heat oil to sauté onions and tomatoes until soft and fragrant. Then add in miso paste and continue to sauté for a minute.
2. Pour in water, add salmon head and bring to a boil. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
3. Season with fish sauce, salt and pepper.
4. Add radish, okra and eggplant. Simmer until almost tender.
5. Stir and incorporate sinigang mix. (I find that adding it almost to the last minute retains much of its sourness.)
6. Add spinach/kangkong or pechay leaves. Turn off heat and cover pot.
Also check out on our Suman sa Lihiya recipe with Latik Sauce:
Thank you for dropping by our website!
Comment on this post using our Facebook Comment plugins and don’t forget to save us on your Pinterest too.
Do you have any questions about this recipe? Do you have any concern about the ingredients, substitute or any cooking tips? Just comment below for any feedback. We’d love to know your thoughts.
Kindly rate back our recipes if you tried it and you’re satisfied. Thanks a lot for supporting our website.
Photo by @kusina.ni.bebang