If you’re looking for the Best Crispy Pata recipe, this recipe is so tasty and garlicky! Best tasting ever, plus the best dipping sauce for any crispy pata. This is how you serve the Best Crispy Pata Recipe in any special occasion or Holiday feast. Happy cooking! Enjoy this recipe.
Best Crispy Pata Recipe
1 pork’s front leg (pata)
1 bottle 7up or sprite (soft drinks)
1 1/2 cups water
1 tbsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vetsin
2 tbsp. patis
2 tbsp. flour
oil for frying
1. Clean pata and slit skin (3-4 slits on both sides) without cutting bone. Place in deep pan with a tight cover. Add water, 7Up and salt. Bring to a boil. After 15 minutes, add baking soda. Baking soda will hasten the softening of the pata’s skin. Continue cooking.
2. If water dries up and pata is not yet done, add another cup of water. Meat should not be too tender. Drain when done. Hang for 1 day or place in refrigerator overnight to make skin dry.
3. Before frying, brush with patis and sprinkle with flour generously.
4. Deep fry until crispy and golden brown.
(Use a deep pot with cover, to prevent oil splatters).
5. Turn off the heat, (while its hot) sprinkle or pour 1/4 cup water on the pata skin. This will make the skin really crispy. Just be very careful though with the hot oil. Drain from oil and transfer into serving platter.
Toasted Garlic, Chopped Onion leaves, Minced Chili Pepper.
Atchara, chopped tomatoes and onions
SERVE WITH THIS SAUCE: Vinegar with 2 cloves garlic (crushed), a little salt, pepper and 1 small hot pepper (siling labuyo).
You may also try our:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.