It’s a chinese shrimp and pork wonton in chicken broth soup. Simple yet so delicious! This wonton soup is so easy to make. The best dumplings soup in a cold weather or even on a rainy day. Happy cooking and enjoy!
If you tried this recipe, then please vote for it, so others will try it too.
Wonton Soup Pinoy Recipe
1/2 pound boneless pork loin, ground
2 ounces peeled shrimp, ground (or finely chopped)
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 teaspoon finely chopped green onion
1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger root
24 (3.5 inch square) wonton wrappers
4-6 cups chicken stock
1/8 cup finely chopped green onion (garnish)
salt and pepper
1. For the Wonton Filling: Combine pork, shrimp, sugar, rice wine, soy sauce, 1 teaspoon chopped green onion and ginger in a mixing bowl. Mix it well, and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
2. For Wonton Wrapping: After 30 minutes, prepare a clean flat surface or plate, spread one wrapper in a plate.
3. In the center of wrapper, add about one teaspoon of the filling on the wrapper. Damp water on all the edges of wonton wrapper with water. Then pull the top edge down to the bottom to form a triangle shape. Press it firmly on the sides to seal.
4. Bring left and right sides together above the filling. Overlap the tips of of both corners, damp with water and seal together. Repeat the same process until all fillings are wrapped out.
5. For the Soup: In a large soup pot, pour in the chicken stock and bring to a rolling boil. One by one drop in wontons. Let it cook for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve hot with chopped green onions as garnish. Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.