Shabu Shabu (Pinoy Style) is easy to make because the ingredients are easily found in our local market. It’s affordable and delicious!
SHABU SHABU (PINOY STYLE)
4 pack Pork Ribs Instant Noodles (any brand)
1 pack bacon (200 grams)
1 pack squid balls (or crab sticks)
1 pack shrimp siomai
1 sweet corn, sliced into 4
1 bundle Pechay
½ Cabbage, chopped
1 medium carrots, thinly sliced
Tomato (whole or big slices)
2-3 Banana plantains (saba), sliced diagonally
1-2 tablespoon soy sauce (adjust to your taste)
1 stalk onion leeks, minced (garnish)
1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
1. Arrange and prepare all the ingredients and transfer them into a serving platter.
2. In a pot, add enough water and bring it to a boil. Add instant Pork Ribs seasoning mix in boiling water. Set aside the noodles for later.
3. You can use the noodles as alternative for shabu-shabu noodle. Add soy sauce to taste. Let it simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Add the squid balls, siomai and corn and let it boil. When they’re half cooked, add in the sliced carrots and banana.
5. Add in slices of bacon and let it cook.
6. When almost done, adjust heat to low and add in the noodles. Simmer for 2 minutes more.
7. Lastly, add in tomato, pechay, cabbage and onion leeks. Add in egg and turn off heat. Season with sesame oil. Serve it hot and enjoy!
Also check out our latest recipe:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.