Ham and cheese croissant, yes its homemade all from scratch. You can also substitute the filling with chocolates chips or any meat like tuna or chicken sandwich.
All fresh and natural ingredients at home. Serve it freshly baked and warm. Happy baking!
Watch How to Cut and Fold a Croissant Dough:
Servings: 16 pieces
HAM AND CHEESE CROISSANT
For the dough:
2-1/2 tsp dry yeast
1/4 cup +3/4 cups milk
1/4 cup sugar
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 cup cold butter
2 tbsp flour
For egg wash:
1 tsp water
Ham and Cheese, cubed
1. Pour 1/4 cup warmed up milk and add yeast in a bowl. Mix it and wait for 5 minutes until it foams up. Next, add sugar and rest of the milk(which should be cold) and mix. Add 2 cups of flour and salt to it and mix. To it add remaining flour 1/4 cup or more until the dough becomes soft.
2. Put it to a floured surface and knead it for 2 minutes until the dough becomes soft.
3. Place it to a plate covered with flour or cover it with plastic cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Let’s move on to the most important ingredient: butter. Make sure butter is only slightly softened. In a bowl add the butter and beat until smooth or soften with your hands. To that add the flour and beat until smooth. Transfer it to a plastic wrap . Using a rolling pin roll it into a large around 10*4 rectangle chill it with flour.
5. Next, take the dough from the fridge and place it to floured surface. Roll the dough to a rectangle.
6. Put the chilled butter in centre and fold the sides.
7. Roll it into a 17*9 inch rectangle. Fold the left thirds of the dough towards the centre and the right thirds towards the centre.You will end up with 6*9 inch high. Hit it again with the rolling bin and cover with plastic wrap and chill it for 1/2 an hour. Repeat this process 4 to 5 times.
8. Chill the dough for 2 hours or overnight.
9. After 2 hours or longer, cut the dough into to 2 parts. Roll the dough to as wide as possible.
10. Cut it into triangles. Take one triangle at a time and starting with base of the triangle. place a pieces of cheese and ham on the top edge part and gently roll it up to the tip. Repeat with all the triangles.
11. Transfer the rolled out croissants to a lined baking tray and brush them with egg wash.
12. Let them sit for 1 hour . Repeat brushing with egg wash and bake in 200°C preheated oven for 15 – 25 minutes or until they’re golden brown.
13. Let them cool a bit before serving.
Enjoy and happy baking!
Also check out our latest recipe:
Credits: Floret’s Food Flavours and Flowers
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.