These Cheesy stuffed burger steak is an ideal menu for the kids and the whole family. Just like the Jollibee burger steak but with cheese on the inside. Oh so yummee good!
Preparation: Overnight (for patty marination)
Cheesy Stuffed Burger Steak Recipe
- For the Stuffed Patties:
- 1 kilogram ground beef (lean)
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 large potatoes peeled and grated
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic powder (optional)
- ½ tsp dried Thyme (or basil)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- cheddar cheese, cubed
- For the Mushroom Gravy:
- 1 can Mushrooms, bits and pieces (I used Jolly)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 can cream (all purpose cream)
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp dried thyme (or basil)
- ½ cup water
- slurry (2 tbsp cornstarch + ¼ cup water)
- For Stuffed Patties:
In a mixing bowl, beat egg add 2 tablespoon soy sauce; mix in bread crumbs, minced onion, garlic powder, thymes, salt and pepper. Add ground beef, grated potato and mix it to combine.
- Use a small cup to scoop equal portions; shape them to form a ball.
- In the center, use a finger to make a well and insert a quarter of the cheese in the center. Compress the meat on top to enclose the cheese. Press into ¾ inch thick patties.(It’s better to make this ahead and refrigerate overnight to make the patties really tasty)
- Transfer the stuffed patties in a lined and greased baking tray and arrange with allowance of space in between.
- Bake without cover at 176°C for 30 minutes (or until a meat thermometer reads 71°C and juices run clear). Place the tray in the center rack of the oven.
- Remove from oven and let it cool. Transfer patties one by one into serving dish.
- For the Mushroom Gravy: In a pan, heat butter and sauté garlic, onions, mushrooms until fragrant. Add in soy sauce and thyme. Sauté for a minute and add in water and all purpose cream. Bring it to a boil.
- Add in the slurry and stir well over low heat. Let it simmer, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in sauce on top of the patties. Serve and enjoy!
I have extra kraft parmesan cheese in the pantry, so I added a few sprinkles into the beef mixture to make it really cheesy. This is just optional though.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Photos are © Copyright to Mama’s Guide Recipe. All rights reserved.