Maja Blanca with Milk Powder is a silky smooth Maja Blanca recipe ever. It’s because of the milk powder. It sure has made a believer out of me for this is the the best recipe for Maja Blanca with outstanding result. The creamy milk powder and buko juice made it super delicious!
You may use any milk powder brand available in your pantry. This Maja is yummy and creamy delicious with toasted coconut or desicated coconut toasted with some sugar. Special thanks to Kitchen Offerings. Happy Cooking!
Maja Blanca with Milk Powder
4 cups thin coconut milk
2 cups buko juice
1 cup powdered milk (dissolved in 1/2 cup water), I used Carnation Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
1-1/4 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 can whole kernel corn
1 cup cornstarch (dissolved in 1 cup water)
A few drops of golden yellow food coloring (optional)
1. In a large saucepan, bring coconut milk, buko juice, powdered milk mixture, sugar and salt to a gentle boil. Stirring occasionally.
2. Pour in the cornstarch mixture, stirring continuously until it becomes very thick. If you want to add coloring, this is the time to do it.
3. Add the corn including liquid from the can. Stir to incorporate.
4. Transfer to a 9×13 serving dish.
5. Let cool before putting in the refrigerator.
6. Once chilled serve with toasted coconut flakes or latik.
You may also try our newest recipe:
Credits: Kitchen Offerings
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.