Chicken Bicol Express is chicken fillet stewed in coconut milk with lots of long green chili peppers and cayenne pepper. Its creamy and yet so spicy. This famous dish originated in the province of Bicol but with the meat pork. People around the Philippines just loves this dish and created different version of this recipe from pork, beef and even chicken. Go ahead and try this yummy version of Chicken Bicol Express today. Happy cooking!
Chicken Bicol Express Special
- 1/2 kilo of chicken breast fillet, (boiled & fillet or himayin)
- 3 cups coconut milk
- ½ cup Siling Haba, sliced diagonally (Long Green Chili pepper)
- 1-2 tablespoon of bagoong alamang or sautéed shrimp paste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 pieces siling labuyo (cayenne pepper)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Patis or fish sauce to taste
- Soak the sliced siling haba (long green chili pepper) in a bowl with water and salt for about 30 minutes. Rinse and drain water. Set it aside.
- In a wok, heat an oil to sauté garlic and onion until fragrant. Toss the chicken and sauté until it slightly golden brown. Add shrimp paste and season with ground pepper. Mix it well and toss it together for about a minute or two
- Add coconut milk and let it boil and simmer over low heat until sauce is slightly thick in texture.
- Then add your sliced siling haba and siling labuyo (cayenne pepper). Season with fish sauce to taste. Stir it well and turn off heat.
- Serve it hot with a platter of hot steamed rice. Enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Chocolate Sponge Cake