This Chocolate Jelly Cathedral style gelatine is so creamy and chocolatey! Super duper delicious, budget friendly and ideal menu for the Holiday. Of course great for food business idea too! For the budget concious, you may substitute all purpose cream with milk. Your family and kids will surely enjoy this recipe.
Watch the Recipe Video:
CHOCO JELLY CATHEDRAL
Yield: 3 Jelly Bowl
For the Choco Jelly Cubes:
1 pack Mr. Gulaman Unflavored White Gelatin (25 grams)
¼ cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa)
1 cup Sugar (you need to make it sweeter to override the bitter hint of cocoa)
750 ml cold water (about 4 cups water)
For the Gelatine:
1 pack of Mr Gulaman unflavored gelatin
750 ml of water
1 pack of Nestle Cream (250ml)
1 can of condensed milk (300ml)
1 tablespoon chocolate syrup (or 1 tbsp cocoa powder)
Materials Needed: Gelatin Moulder and rectangular molder for the chocolate jelly cubes
For the Cocoa Powder: you can use any cocoa or even Milo.
1. For the Choco Jelly Cubes:
In a saucepan, mix and dissolve Mr Gulaman powder in 750 ml of cold water.
2. Over medium heat, place the saucepan with dissolve gelatine mixture in stove. Add 1/4 cup cocoa and dissolve with a whisk. Let it boil quickly about 1 or 2 minutes only. (Do not leave pan unattended to avoid overflow. Adjust heat to low as soon as it boils. Next, add in sugar, mix to dissolve. Remove from heat.
3. Transfer in a rectangle container to spread about 1 inch thick. Let it stand to cool for 30 minutes. Once cool, place in freezer about 10 minutes just to quickly chill the jelly. Then take it out. Slice it in cubes (½ inch by ½ inch).
4. Once your choco jelly cubes are ready. Spoon out cubes into your jelly molder and set aside some extra cubes for later.
5. Set it aside and you can start preparing your creamy gelatine.
6. For the Creamy Gelatine:
In saucepan dissolve 1 pack of Mr Gulaman in 750ml of cold water. Stir it well until little lumps form.
7. Transfer saucepan with gulaman mixture in stove and heat over medium to low heat. Add in 1 tbsp cocoa powder (or chocolate syrup). This will help add some color to the base gelatine instead of just pure white.
8. Then add all purpose cream and condensed milk. Mix it well with a whisk or fork until fully dissolved in the mixture. Keep stirring for about 3 minutes.
9. Turn off heat and start pouring into your prepared gelatine molder. Pour in about ¾ full and then add in additional choco jelly cubes on all sides. Let it cool for 30 minutes and transfer into the fridge to chill for 2 hours.
10. Invert Gelatine molder into a serving plate and enjoy!
You may also try our newest recipe:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.