Macaroons de Macapuno is another special recipe of Macaroons with a twist of macapuno strings preserved. These coconut strings are so soft and grated from the youngest coconut meat and preserved in sugar syrup in bottles. Every bite of these macapuno is heavenly soft like a jelly in your mouth. Yummy! Some might confuse this with Macarons. No, this is not the French macarons. They may be almost similar in name but these are definitely Filipino Macaroons recipe.
MACAROONS DE MACAPUNO
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup flour
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup macapuno strings (preserved)
- Step 1: Egg mixture
Using a large bowl, cream butter using a hand mixer on low speed. Add sugar and beat together until well blended and fluffy. Add eggs one at time, beating continuously.Add condensed milk and vanilla extract and continue to beat until blended. Set aside.
- Step 2: Flour mixture: In another bowl, mix flour and desiccated coconut. Then, combine it to the egg mixture. Beat until well combined.
- Step 3: Prepare to bake: Scoop into paper-lined mini muffin pans and bake in a 170°C (or 350°F) oven for about 15 to 20 or until golden. Midway before it fully cooks, add Macapuno preserves and spread it on top. Continue baking until it becomes lightly brown.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy! Happy baking
Cooking Tips: How to achieve a perfectly baked macaroons, steam it until well done and then just quickly toast the top in the oven for about 5 minutes or just until you get the perfect toast look. This way, it doesn’t get too much toasting and the inside are well done.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: