If you want to start selling Maja Blanca, you can try this tried and tested recipe that yield 31 pieces of Maja blanca in tubs or in styro. Try it for business today.
Maja Blanca for Business Recipe
Yield: 31 pieces (spaghetti size styro)
SRP: 40 pesos
- 1 kilo cornstarch
- 1 ½ kilo white sugar
- 2 cans corn kernel
- ½ kilo buttermilk powder
- 2 cans big evaporated milk (alaska original/370ml)
- 150g powdered milk (Bear brand or Nido)
- 18 x (370ml) water (measured using the evap milk tin can or lata)
- Latik or grated cheese for toppings.
- Note: You may replace water with coconut milk or fresh milk for longer shelf life.
- In a large pot (stock pot), mix all the ingredients except cornstarch and ⅓ part of the liquid. Bring to boil. Then start preparing your molder/styro and grease each molder with butter to prevent your maja blanca from sticking to the molder.
- In a bowl, dissolve cornstarch and the remaining ⅓ liquid (water or coconut milk) and gradually pour the mixture into the simmering pot. Continue stirring the mixture and adjust the heat to low. Please make sure not use high heat once it starts to boil to prevent maja from over cooking.
- Keep on stirring the mixture for 8-10 minutes until thick. You need to transfer it to the molder before it starts to get dry. It will turn firmer as it cools down and use spatula to smoothen it on top.
- Garnish with Coconut latik or grated cheese. Ready for delivery.
- Happy cooking!