Have you tried the Thai inspired recipe of Crab Salad Rolls. This recipe might be new to some, but once you taste it, you’ll start craving for more. This Thai cuisine salad rolls are so good for any diet menu plan and as an appetizer too.
If you cant find any thai wrappers, its definitely fine.. why not serve it without the wrapper.. its super sarap even without the wrapper.
Once you master doing Thai Crab Spring Roll Salad, you may also try it for your food business for 2019. Place it in plastic tubs and its ready for delivery! Sounds good right?
We got two version of this recipe including 2 recipes for dipping sauce. It is so delicious! You can munch as much as you want and be guilt-free of your diet. Just make sure that the veggies are julienned thinly like a matchstick. The taste is just like a real Thai Food. The dipping sauce too is just perfect in taste.
For the rice paper, you can find Real Thai Rice Paper in any grocery or SM Supermarket for 85.50 pesos (International Isle, along thai food products). If you’re in Philippines, you can also order it online in Shopee or other online stores for about 150 pesos/pack. The size of the rice paper can be seen at the back of the box.
Watch the Recipe Video of Crab Salad Rolls:
VERSION #1 (Servings: 12 rolls)
CRAB SALAD ROLLS RECIPE
- 12 pcs (1 pack) Rice Paper (Real Thai Brand 22cm/100g)
- 2 bundles Romaine Lettuce, (remove the hard part in the center of each leaves)
- 3 pcs Cucumber, julienned (discard the seedy part)
- 400grams Crab Sticks, fried and slice in 2 pcs lengthwise
- 2 large carrots, (shredded or grated)**
- Sesame Oil
For the Sauce:
- 2 cups Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 tsp. Sesame Oil
- pinch of pepper
(salt may not be required because of peanut butter)
Julienned: slice it in thin strips like a matchstick
Its your choice if you want it julienned or grated because carrots can be too crispy if not properly julienned.
- To Assemble: In a wide bowl of water, dip and soak 1 piece of rice paper for 5 seconds. It will gradually soften as soon as your about to roll it.
- Transfer the semi hard wet rice paper and place it on a wide plate. Line the rice paper with 2 layers of lettuce leaves, spread it on top of the wrapper. Arrange 6-10 pcs grated carrot sticks and 5pcs cucumber sticks and 1-2 thin crabsticks together. The thicker the filling the better. Arrange it beautifully, so it looks colorful when rolled together.
- Roll and fold it on both side to seal each ends and roll it gain (envelope style). Roll it just like a fresh lumpia. Slice it the center using a slant cut.
- For the Sauce: In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, peanut butter, evaporated milk, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Stir it with a fork until well combined.
- Serve the rolls on a lettuce bed platter with a cup of dipping sauce in the center. Enjoy!
CRAB SALAD ROLLS
- 12 pcs (1 pack) Rice Paper (Real Thai Brand 22cm)
- 1-2 bundles Romaine Lettuce
- 400 grams Crab Stick, slice in 2 lengthwise
- 3 Cucumber, julienned
- 1-2 large Ripe Mango, julienned
- ¼ cup Cashew nuts, chopped very finely (optional)
For the Sauce:
- 1 pack (250ml) All Purpose Cream
- 2 tbsp. Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp. Sesame Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ASSEMBLY: In a bowl of water, dip and soak 1 piece of rice paper for 5 seconds.
- Transfer the wet rice paper and place it on a plate. Line the rice paper with lettuce on top. Arrange 1 crab stick, 3pcs mango strips, 10pcs pipino strips and chopped cashew nuts together.
- Fold it on both ends to seal and roll it. Roll it just like a fresh lumpia. Slice it the center using a slant cut.
- For the sauce: In a small bowl, combine all purpose cream, peanut butter and sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve it chilled on a bed of lettuce platter with a cup of dipping sauce in the center. Enjoy!
- Serving suggestion: You may also arrange it in a bowl lined with lettuce and arrange all rolls together in upright or standing position.
- If using the smaller rice paper 16cm, no need to slice it in the center. Just fold the bottom and roll it to seal.