These Crispy Fried Chicken Feet (Adidas or Paa ng Manok) are so delicious specially as an appetizer with matching spiced vinegar dippings. Did you know that one of the benefits of eating Chicken Feet or Chicken Paws is to help you have clear complexion. According to the research done in a University in Taiwan, it showed that Chicken Feet contained a lot of Collagen. Most Collagen supplements are so expensive, so why do you have to buy collagen when you can easily get it from eating Chicken feet. It will satisfy your taste buds and make you younger looking at the same time. The secret beauty in eating Chicken Feet. It will make you look younger. In Indonesia, babies at around 6-12 months are often served with baby food made out of peeled boneless chicken feet with mashed liver, broth and steamed rice. These chicken feet are traditionally believed to be beneficial for babies skin, nail, joints and bone development because it consist of tendons, skin cartilage and rich gelatinous collagen. After boiling your chicken feet, you may also reserve the chicken broth to make Chicken Feet Soup. Chicken Feet Soup or other countries call it “Chicken Foot Soup” are one of the best soup you’ll ever taste in your entire life.
According to Wikipedia: “These Chicken feet are a part of the chicken that is cooked in Brazil, Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Italy, Jamaica, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mexico, Moldova, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Russia, South Africa, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Ukraine, and Vietnam. After an outer layer of thin skin is removed, most of the edible tissue on the feet consists of skin and tendons, with no muscle. This gives the feet a distinct texture different from the rest of the chicken’s meat. Being mostly skin, chicken feet are very gelatinous.” So who wants some Crispy Fried Chicken Feet? Happy cooking.. Enjoy!
CRISPY CHICKEN FEET
- 1 kilogram Chicken Feet, Trimmed
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar
- 4 cloves Garlic, smashed
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 can sprite (350ml)
- some water, enough to cover chicken
- 1 bay leaf
- cooking oil for deep frying
- Crispy Fry Breading Mix
- (or Flour + Cornstarch +Salt +Pepper)
- Start by chopping the nails off the feet. Discard. Clean it thoroughly, remove the skin and scrub it.
- In a strainer bowl, rinse feet thoroughly in cold running water. Place chicken feet into a medium-sized pot and add vinegar, garlic, bay leaf, pepper, salt, sprite and some water.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook for about 2 ½ hours until it becomes very tender. If using pressure cooker, start the timer to 10 minutes after the cooker whistles.
- Drain from liquid and pat dry to remove excess liquid. (Reserve broth for soup making). Roll each chicken feet into breading mixture and transfer on a plate.
- To Fry Chicken Feet: In a large wok, pour enough oil and heat over lowest fire. Deep fry until chicken feet becomes golden brown and crispy.
- Drain from oil and serve over spiced vinegar dippings on the side. Enjoy!